jeudi 16 avril 2015

Burst of Colour

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils."
-  William Wordsworth

I love this little verse by Wordsworth, it has such passion and joy in it. An appreciation of nature and its wonderful gifts.

I'm so grateful for these lingering days, the view from my window getting greener by the day.
Though this has been a tough week of sickness in our home, but we are slowly on the mend and poor Lulu who still has a high temperature will pick up soon now she is on antibiotics.



Here's a piece I did a few weeks back and never posted, I've been too tired this week to art, but I'll bounce back soon. This piece has a few first blooming flowers bursting through as days begin to stretch!


Wishing you all well
Kat xx

Linking to Paint Party Friday

14 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

I like it, especially the bright red in there :) It wakes me up :))
Have a great time

Tinna ✐

Valerie-Jael a dit…

Beautiful colours and movement in your painting. Hope Lulu will soon be better, and that you can catch up on your sleep! Hugs, Valerie

Paper rainbow a dit…

I like the steely grey and red colours. I hope little lulu is feeling better very soon.

sheila 77 a dit…

I love this poem which is so appropriate as we drive along roads lined with daffodils at this time of year.
Your painting is lovely with the flowers buds just coming out to announce Spring is here.
Hope you and Lulu both recover quickly.

Jeannette a dit…

wow,i love your painting,wonderful movement and colors,love it.
and i love the poem,i have many poems on wordsworth.
have a great day,and all the best for lulu.

greetings jeannette

froebelsternchen a dit…

A fantastic painting..love the bright red against the soft lilac! Best get well soon wishes for Lulu!
Happy weekend!
Happy PPF!

Lorraine a dit…

like your art hope everyone gets better soon..

Anonyme a dit…

Hope Lulu is on the mend soon. Lovely work. So cheerful. xox

minnemie a dit…

Beautiful and playful. Hope little Lulu feels better soon...Such a pretty name!

Linda Kunsman a dit…

a lovely poem. I'd like to see you do a painting similar to this beautiful red one. A yellow one about the daffodils (hint). feel better soon!

Tammie Lee a dit…

i also find it hard to do art when sick and not feeling good. I am sorry your family is going through this, but glad you are on the mend.

yes, a lovely poem and also your drawing.

sending healing light.

Giggles a dit…

So sorry you're all under the weather...so hard to watch little ones be sick. Feel better soon...
So much wonderful movement in your art...pretty colour combo too...Spring is such a precious time with all the renewal...thanks for sharing even though you feel rough! Take care!

Hugs Giggles

Tracey FK a dit…

I hope you are already bouncing back and creating again... and that the flu has left the house and all are well again...xx

pauline a dit…

i LOVE this piece! Reminds me of Miro... or Kandinsky. Love this style. And you picked just the right combination of colour. i hope you & the family feel better soon. No ones likes to be sick. Take good care of yourself, my friend. xx